GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE

"What fashioned the Khennie you know today?". Well everyone who knows me or came across me in life always have this comment  "Khennie, why are you so prem and proper?, you are sooooo uptight, Jeez loosen up and get flexible" and you know what?? It's becoming a trend that I fear for myself I might miss out from the fun in life. I try people, I try a whole lot!!!!!.
I grew up in Lagos Nigeria, Surulere to be precise. I was born there, Living and growing up in Lagos was ermm not so fantastic cos my dad was in Abuja at that time so I together with my mum and siblings stayed in Lagos I am sure you guys can relate with the way Lagos can be stressful but that's not what I’m about today. My school was in Surulere so we had to trek to school and do stuffs all by ourselves so we had all the freedom, sometimes we might choose not to go to school but we will pretend to prepare for school and our mum will bid us goodbye then we will proceed roaming the streets of Surulere and then we will migrate to Iwaya in Yaba lol! as little as we were we knew the roads very well and pretty smart. I could remember when my dad came over to visit us for a week and on a certain day we were coming back from school, I and my sister branched a water factory, can still remember the name "Silver water factory" can you imagine I and my sister were begging for the leakages and in the act my mum caught us. She was so embarrassed "Taye, Kuryin" she screamed. "What are you girls doing again?!" Mama beat us on the street lmao!!, people were begging on our behalf but she turned deaf ears,  My dad was livid because we did the unimaginable not because we lacked but because we were mischievous! Little did we know our days were numbered in Lagos, two weeks later my dad requested we relocate and start living with him, that evening he came to pick us, We were in the car and my pman started with his rules, how he doesn’t want to see us outside the house no unnecessary noise and no spoilt behaviour or he would come for us heavily hmmm!! That was the beginning of wisdom well since then my freedom was taken away from me literally, we were always indoors and started living  good manner life according to dad's standard, no friends, daddy takes us and bring us back from school and church became my second home so I transitted from being loud, unbothered, carefree girl  to a more reserved sensitive young lady. Well I must say my dad played an important role in my life but he was too extreme with his strictness because it took me a lot to step out of my shell a little but I am grateful for that because thinking about how I started growing up if I was left alone who knows what I would have turned out to be. Probably a very nasty girl? Probably wiser than I'm  right now? you never know.!
I must say I like who Khennie is today! A work in progress  she’s evolving and discovering herself.
How do you think your childhood affected who you are today? Feel free to go down memory lane and share how life shaped you.
If you have questions to ask kindly drop at the comment section I will be glad to answer them, comments are welcome. Keep up with discover Khennie.

Comments

  1. Nice piece. I know you have your idea of fun and I hope you realize that what's fun for you might not be fun for others. The goal is to be you and live for yourself. Introvert or Extrovert, we love you like that ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one khennie, a lovely write up and very relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece keep doing your thing T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! This is so beautiful. I really enjoyed reading it. Keep it sis❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny + fun childhood tho...πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clears throat.. Kenny! Khenny!! Khennie!!!
    I see there's ah lot to talk bout here..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome, oftentimes our environment while growing is a great determinant of who we turned out to be

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting to know another side of you
    ...we have some discussion to do

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice piece....jst kip loving yourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you find out your kind of fun, nobody needs to understand. Most times we introverts even have more fun as it is less stressful. Just keep being yourself babe, the world would follow ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weldone girl... I am sooo proud of u. Pls tell dem all d other interesting gists😘

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks y'all your comments and advice are going a long way

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work in progress. Just looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. TBH childhood was actually better than my adult life though.. Theres been a very big contrast

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to DISCOVERKHENNIE

THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF RELATIONSHIP